Monday, January 23, 2012

Some of the things I remember

This post will be random, just a warning.

I remember sitting on our porch in American Falls putting together a Rainbow Brite puzzle with our super creeper neighbor Nicole, who was apparently was my best friend. She bugged the crap out of everyone else.

While I'm on American Falls, I remember going to my friend Bodie's house and his mom would make us corn dogs with condiment smiley faces. I think I remember going to primary with Bodie too, but I'm not sure honestly.

I remember going with my mom while she serviced the Handi-bank in Rexburg.

I remember jumping off of Jake Randall's wood stack onto our trampoline. I also remember getting double bounced off of our trampoline onto our bike rack, party.

I remember seeing my dad laid out on the driveway on Halloween after the ladder slipped out from under him.  When he got the cast off his wrist, he kept his pins that held his bone in place as a conversation piece.

I remember barfing mashed potatoes and gravy all over a table in the cafeteria at Kennedy elementary. To this day it is the only time something looked, smelled and tasted the same coming out as it did going in. One of my friends Russell barfed all over our classroom once in fourth grade, that was the same grade when we made our super cool rattle snake pillows.

I remember hearing my leg snap when I broke it at ski school. My older brother Jason, heard my crying in pain one night while my leg was broken, it was like midnight or later, but he made me some chicken nuggets and came and talked to me for a while.

I remember the brutal assassination of my pet mormon crickets when the whole desert was crawling with them.

I remember my dog peeing all over anything. No really, anything. I remember my dad not being very happy about my dog peeing all over anything.

I remember our family trips to California to pick up Jason from his mission, and then to South Dakota to see MT. Rushmore. I think it was on one of those trips that the three older boys got a room to themselves and I had to share with Mom and Dad. I did hang out in their room for a while, we watched Lady in White.

I remember getting onto the Mickey Mouse school bus for my first day of kindergarten.

More randomness to come another day.

5 comments:

Shalee said...

I like random. At least you're blogging :)

Valerie said...

I remember many of those same things! I also remember watching The Dark Crystal at your house often. Also being petrified of your dog Lionel. That was his name right? And the Mickey Mouse bus too! So many great memories!

Nancy said...

I rode the Donald Duck bus. Thanks for keeping it real with the randomess that life really is.

Harper said...

This is awesome! I think I also rode the Mickey Mouse bus.

I remember you and Wesley Johnson chasing me around the playground with worms.

Good times.

Suzy said...

Wow, it's fascinating to read another person's stream of consciousness...random indeed, but awesome memories!! Keep em comin'!