Friday, April 22, 2011

Phoneless, Phoneless

When my mom passed away, my family and my older brother's family were on the university phone plan with her. We contacted the school and were told that we needed to get our phones transferred off of their plan, but that there was no rush, just get it done at our convenience. Well, apparently "at our convenience" meant by midnight on April 21, because now, we have no phones. Our friend at sprint is working on the problem, and we should have service sometime between 24 and 48 hours. Having no phone is oddly liberating, but extremely unsettling at the same time. It's nice to be a little disconnected as it were, but it freaks me out that my wife cannot contact me in the event of an emergency. A side note, I really would have appreciated at least a letter advising us of the impending disconnection. Oh well, nobody had cell phones 20 years ago, I guess we'll just pretend we are time travelers for a day or two.

4 comments:

Shalee said...

so very, very strange!!

mindy said...

That is strange! Our transition went off with no problems. Nobody's called me today, but I think our phones still work.

Mark Brown said...

Is your title a Micheal Maclean reference?

Dan said...

Yep