Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I have a disease

There is no official name, diagnosis or cure. It's not terminal, but it is constant. It's uncontrollable and occasionally painful.

Before you freak out, I'll just tell you what my disease is. I can't stop myself from watching really poorly made/written/filmed/acted  movies. It's bad and it seems to be getting worse.

Last night, I subjected myself to one of the most horrific movies I have ever witnessed.

Granted, most LDS cinema is bad, but none have ever been this bad in my opinion. The premise sounded interesting, a group of missionaries re-open a closed area. A journal is discovered that indicates there is treasure waiting to be found.

On their p-day, 4 elders and 2 sisters search for the treasure, and they find it. I won't spoil the ending for those of you who are actually going to shave 90 minutes off your life by watching this. I will say this, the script was terrible, the acting was mostly awful, the message however, was good, even if I did feel like my soul had been vacuumed out of my body through my ear in the process of getting to the message.

3 comments:

Shalee said...

SOOOOOOO BAD!!!!

Mark Brown said...

Wow. I've never even heard of that one. The Best Two Years crossed with Indiana Jones and the Temple of Stupid.

tyler, terrah, miles and gavin said...

HAHAHA! You know, we do the exact same thing when it comes to watching inane movies. We rented FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY a few weeks ago. We laughed a lot, but not for the reasons intended.

We are going to check out ONE MAN'S TREASURE, per your review. Yes, it will be bad, but we'll be entertained.